Modern logistics! It would be hard to imagine our daily digital lives without them. As consumers, we can shop online every day and any hour of the day. We expect everything to arrive on time – whether clothing, printer spare parts or a set of screws. Online shopping is booming: in 2018, courier, express and parcel services, the so-called CEP sector, delivered around 3.5 billion shipments in Germany alone. And this is an upward trend.
But how does all this work so smoothly, safely and on time? After all, we live in turbulent times: digitalization, climate crisis, growing world population and political and economic instability. How does the logistics industry rise to such challenges?
For answers to the above questions we need to dive deep into the world of modern logistics. Out film takes us into huge, fully connected warehouses, watching as fleets of cargo planes are prepared for take-off at night and accompanying couriers on delivery bikes on “the last mile” to the customer.
We look at one of the world’s largest logistics providers at work: Deutsche Post DHL Group. We are more looking into solutions of robotization, working together with human workers within the warehouse on one hand. But also artificial intelligence and big data crunching is getting more and more important.Free Documentary
- How to Create a Market when their is No Market
- How to Do Product Marketing For New Products ?
- Brand Evolution in a Digital Era Explained
- How to Get Distribution & Channel Strategy Right ?
- How to Create a Simple, Efficient & Resilient Supply Chain
- Which one is Faster out of Python and C++?
- Why Ceylon Cinnamon is So Expensive ? A Learning Video
- The Story of Goldman Sachs, The Bankers of the World