Logistics is in a state of transition, and no link in the supply chain is more in flux than the last mile (when goods reach stores or customers). The impatient demands of consumers and the pressure of the modern sharing economy (Ex: Uber and Airbnb) require companies to be more agile than ever before.
To compete at this new level, companies are increasingly making decisions in real tim & adjusting to changes as they happen, while looking for ways to predict changes in advance. Now, companies are using machine learning models to try to stay ahead of consumer demand without sacrificing efficiency.
In this webinar, MIT SDM fellow Ali Kamil, cofounder and head of product and technology at Wise Systems, will discuss: traditional logistics methods and why they are becoming obsolete; dynamic decision-making models driven by operations research and machine learning; examples of companies that are taking advantage of intelligent software; and the exciting future of last-mile delivery (e.g., autonomous vehicles and connected everything)MITSDM
- What is Retail Marketing : Strategies, Examples & Use Cases
- Retail Marketing Strategies – The Ultimate All in One Guide
- Starbucks Failures and Challenges in Global Markets
- The Ultimate Real Leaders Know when to Resign
- The Ultimate All in One Internet Terminology Guide
- The Ultimate All in One Guide to the Network Layer
- The Ultimate Inclusive Leadership Guide to Navigate Diversity
- The Ultimate Risks of Upselling during Customer Grievances