Logistics is in a state of transition, and no link in the supply chain is more in flux than the last mile (when goods reach stores or customers). The impatient demands of consumers and the pressure of the modern sharing economy (Ex: Uber and Airbnb) require companies to be more agile than ever before.
To compete at this new level, companies are increasingly making decisions in real tim & adjusting to changes as they happen, while looking for ways to predict changes in advance. Now, companies are using machine learning models to try to stay ahead of consumer demand without sacrificing efficiency.
In this webinar, MIT SDM fellow Ali Kamil, cofounder and head of product and technology at Wise Systems, will discuss: traditional logistics methods and why they are becoming obsolete; dynamic decision-making models driven by operations research and machine learning; examples of companies that are taking advantage of intelligent software; and the exciting future of last-mile delivery (e.g., autonomous vehicles and connected everything)MITSDM
- The Story of Goldman Sachs, The Bankers of the World
- The Crash of the Greedy Bulls of Wall Street 2
- The Crash of the Greedy Bulls of Wall Street 1
- The Bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers Explained
- Is Regenerative Agriculture a Solution to Global Crisis ?
- The Pros and Cons of a Universal Basic Income
- What is Switzerland Doing Right in Beating Inflation ?
- The Impact of Regenerative Agriculture on Soil Quality