Modern logistics! It would be hard to imagine our daily digital lives without them. As consumers, we can shop online every day and any hour of the day. We expect everything to arrive on time – whether clothing, printer spare parts or a set of screws. Online shopping is booming: in 2018, courier, express and parcel services, the so-called CEP sector, delivered around 3.5 billion shipments in Germany alone. And this is an upward trend.
But how does all this work so smoothly, safely and on time? After all, we live in turbulent times: digitalization, climate crisis, growing world population and political and economic instability. How does the logistics industry rise to such challenges?
For answers to the above questions we need to dive deep into the world of modern logistics. Out film takes us into huge, fully connected warehouses, watching as fleets of cargo planes are prepared for take-off at night and accompanying couriers on delivery bikes on “the last mile” to the customer.
We look at one of the world’s largest logistics providers at work: Deutsche Post DHL Group. We are more looking into solutions of robotization, working together with human workers within the warehouse on one hand. But also artificial intelligence and big data crunching is getting more and more important.Free Documentary
- The Ultimate Video on 10 Item Abstract Reasoning Test 2
- The Ultimate Video Guide 1 on Diagrammatic Reasoning Test
- The Ultimate Video on Incomplete Portion Abstract Reasoning Test
- The Ultimate Video Guide to IQ Champion Abstract Reasoning Test
- The Ultimate Video on 10 Item Abstract Reasoning Test
- The Ultimate Video Guide on the Economy of Portugal
- The Ultimate Video Guide on Singapore Economy
- The Ultimate $47 Billion Floating Highway in Norway