Learn about the Omnichannel Retail Strategy Implementation at Ford and its Great Impact on the Customer Experience in this Video Case Study that Discusses the Following Points :
- Learn How Ford got a Digital Connect with its Physical Visitors, secured Targeted Messages Across all the Touch Points in the Customer Journey based on an Algorithm that Delivered a Single Well-Timed Relevant, Message to the Customers and resulted in Higher Engagement.
- With their Proprietary ID Match Technology, Ford was able to Translate their Car Model Audiences into Tailored Segments for Banner Search and Facebook Targeting with Low Frequency (reflecting on their less intrusive and non aggressive approach) to Gently Remind Customers to keep Ford in Mind whenever they Considered Purchasing a New Car. The Main Reason being Consumer Journey for a Car doesn’t require Aggressive Low Funnel Retargeting with Higher Frequency
- Based on the Purchase Interest of the Specific Car Model, they created Personalised Content relevant to the Car Model that Consumer was interested in, and delivered different creatives & or tailor made messages, instead of Retargeting with one Message again and again in every channel. This Kept the Novelty Factor alive while Retargeting with Customised and Personalised Creatives/Messages.
- The Tailored Messages led to an increase in the Omnichannel Engagement Rate. It had a Great Impact on the Customer Experience, so much so that the Average Visit Duration (in Min:Sec) by a Customer to a Ford Website increased to 1:52 (which was almost 4 times the Normal)
- Ford Created another Algorithm based on Banner, Email and Website Behaviour that Decides When and with What Message to Deliver a Follow Up Email (that Recalls the Ford Brand in the Customer Mind). This also had a Great Engagement Impact. The Seamless Omnichannel Engagement lead to 4x Website Engagement Lift, Tailored or Custom Messages led to 24x Display Performance Lift and Connecting Offline to Online led to 48x Email Performance Lift.
What is the General Idea Behind Omnichannel Strategy ?
Omnichannel Strategy Aims at Connecting Data from Physical Stories, Online (Website, E-commerce, Social), Mobile and to give a Unified 360 Degree View of the Customers. It helps in providing Customers a Seamless and Consistent Engaging Shopping Experience across Devices and Platforms (Online, Offline, Mobile, all Marketing Channels)
This helps in :
- Improving Customer Acquisition Rates
- Increasing Loyalty of the Newly Acquired Customers
- Achieving Higher Online and Offline Customer Engagement with Superior Customer Experience
- Improved Customer lifetime Value
- Reducing Customer Attrition and Online Cart Abandonment Rates
- Eventually Increasing the Bottom line Sales
- Improving the Brand Equity