Dematic built a diverse and highly efficient distribution centre near Aarhus for the Dansk Supermarked retailing group. The DC handles highly complex pallets for the retail trade with minimal picking costs and maximum quality. The system, most of which is fully automated, is controlled by the DC Director warehouse management system and includes two high-bay racking systems, a multishuttle system, an order-picking process for small parts and 16 high ergonomic pallet packing stations.
The distribution centre was designed specifically to meet the challenges of retail with its seasonal fluctuations and a wide range of products. As well as providing virtually flawless order picking, the system provided by Dematic responds simply and quickly to various demand situations. The 800 stores of the Danish Dansk Supermarked retailing group stock virtually everything you need on a daily and occasional basis.
The company’s supermarkets and stores trade under familiar names such as Netto, Bilka and Fotex. Their products range from shoelaces and flat screens to groceries and bicycles. Their supply chain is characterised by packages of a huge range of shapes, weights and sizes.
- How to Add Copyright © Year in the WordPress Footer Widget
- How ChatGPT has taken the Tech World by Storm
- What is a CDP & how to Create a Solution with Salesforce
- What is Salesforce CDP and its main Features ?
- How to Create 360 Customer View with Identity Resolution
- What makes Timberland, Birkenstock and Crocs so popular?
- What is the Importance of Lithium-Ion Battery
- Customer Churn Explained with Telecom Case Studies