Dematic built a diverse and highly efficient distribution centre near Aarhus for the Dansk Supermarked retailing group. The DC handles highly complex pallets for the retail trade with minimal picking costs and maximum quality. The system, most of which is fully automated, is controlled by the DC Director warehouse management system and includes two high-bay racking systems, a multishuttle system, an order-picking process for small parts and 16 high ergonomic pallet packing stations.
The distribution centre was designed specifically to meet the challenges of retail with its seasonal fluctuations and a wide range of products. As well as providing virtually flawless order picking, the system provided by Dematic responds simply and quickly to various demand situations. The 800 stores of the Danish Dansk Supermarked retailing group stock virtually everything you need on a daily and occasional basis.
The company’s supermarkets and stores trade under familiar names such as Netto, Bilka and Fotex. Their products range from shoelaces and flat screens to groceries and bicycles. Their supply chain is characterised by packages of a huge range of shapes, weights and sizes.
- The Story of Goldman Sachs, The Bankers of the World
- The Crash of the Greedy Bulls of Wall Street 2
- The Crash of the Greedy Bulls of Wall Street 1
- The Bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers Explained
- Is Regenerative Agriculture a Solution to Global Crisis ?
- The Pros and Cons of a Universal Basic Income
- What is Switzerland Doing Right in Beating Inflation ?
- The Impact of Regenerative Agriculture on Soil Quality