Corning just opened a new pharmaceutical vial manufacturing factory in Durham, North Carolina, where it said it can produce 500 million glass vials per year to deliver Covid-19 Vaccines and other drugs to the U.S. and abroad.
The factory was developed and deployed in record time thanks in part to the $204 million funding from the federal government as a part of Operation Warp Speed. Corning said its vials have been used for more than three billion doses of Covid-19 vaccines over the past 18 months.
Corning CEO Wendell Weeks plans to grow the pharmaceutical side of the business and said it will be “billions of dollars of opportunity” for the glass manufacturing giant. Corning’s vials borrow technology from Gorilla Glass, made for Apple iPhones, which makes them less likely to break or scratch and able to withstand the super cold temperatures needed for storing the Covid vaccine.CNBC
- Job Liberation: Finding Joy After Firing Your Boss
- Bad Boss Chronicles: The Ultimate Stories and Lessons
- The Great Importance of Failure in Entrepreneurship
- Blockchain Applications in Retail – All in One Guide
- The Latest Tech for the Measurement of OOH Advertising
- Fire Your Boss and Take Charge of Your Destiny
- What is Retail Marketing : Strategies, Examples & Use Cases
- Retail Marketing Strategies – The Ultimate All in One Guide